Sunday, September 13, 2009

WE MADE IT!!!

Our car as we began to pack

Well....we did it!!! ALMOST!! We were able to get most of the essential items into our SMALL car. We left the microwave, toaster oven, bookcase and our Christmas tree/ornaments, but we had to take the dental instruments and the essential things like that. It is amazing how much we have accumulated in just a year.

It has been hard to say goodbye to everyone. I try to keep it short so I won't get too emotional. We are hoping to be able to come back before we leave the mission field next May. So we tell everyone that we will see them....that it isn't goodbye. Everyone was so concerned about our travelling to Guatemala...all sorts of advice. Don't travel at night, go this way, etc. We really do feel blessed to have so many people worrying about us.

This is what we felt we looked like going down the road

As we arrived in our hotel on Wednesday evening we got a call from Ana our landlady. At first Wayne thought that there was a problem, but she just called to make sure that we were safe and our day was good. Michelle called from the dental clinic to make sure that we were okay.....the Tilleys called from Guatemala to make sure that we had left as scheduled....the list goes on.

Our car as we arrived in Guatemala....we actually took a picture
by the car...but we were just too travel weary to publish it!!!

******************************

I looked at this entry today (Sunday, September 13th) and realized just how much has happened since we arrived in Guatemala. We were without internet for almost a week....it is amazing how quickly you begin to rely on these things. But...we are now back in business and I hope that I will be able to keep up on the blog again...

No comments: