Wayne and I scraping tiles to repair the murals
I just must say that they really are AMAZING.....I feel so blessed to be able to look at them every day. They tell the story of Tio Juan....the man who founded the orphanage here. Tio Juan means Uncle John...that is what the orphans call him. He is the man in the mosaic with birds on his shoulder. There is a rooster, dogs, as well as orphans in the picture. Wayne is going to use it as a visual aide when people start coming to volunteer here. This is the focus of the dental clinic....helping these people. If you lose that purpose, you are there for the wrong reasons.
Thanks Judy for a great contribution that will stay here for many years!!! We are so glad that you were able to be here......this is actually their second mission and they are planning on coming back to help build some more humanitarian projects....

2 comments:
I LOVE those. I'm glad you got them fixed.
What a beautiful piece of art! It looks so complicated!
Post a Comment