Thursday, August 7, 2008

Take two asprina and drink plenty of agua

I absolutely don't know what being the mother of six children does to qualify me to hand out medical advise, but nevertheless that is what I am doing. This week after the announcement was made at Zone Conferences I have heard of hurt knees, insomnia, strained ankles, aching bodyparts, sinusitis, and athlete's feet. That doesn't count the two companions complaining of diahorrea who were surprised when I told them I didn't feel sorry for them when I saw them eating PIZZA.....

Nevertheless...I am now the medical expert (mom) to all of these missionaries. Wayne and I got to Zone Conference this morning only to be met by an elder who had injured his wrist/hand last night in a game of futbol (soccer). Of course, this was a game that was not sanctioned by the mission, in fact they had called the AP's for permission to play in this ward game with an investigator and were advised that they probably shouldn't do it....but they did.

Wayne and I were really impressed with the quality of care that the missionaries receive here. We were in and out of the hospital emergency room within an hour...that included x-rays, an orthopedic surgeon reviewing and explaining the results, the casting of the wrist, and all paperwork!! Where in the United States could that happen??? This is a private hospital and they only take people that can pay. They know that the church pays their bills....

This evening I wrote to the elder's mother and sent her pictures of the hospital experience:









News flash....we just got another call saying that an elder was on his way to the hospital....he thinks that he has a broken ankle.

No comments: