You knew it had to happen sooner or later...a party at Elder and Hermana T's. Well last evening about 5:00 the office elders called to see if they could come over and eat at our house that evening. They knew that I had put on a pot of beans that night before. Of course we said yes....about 9:00 ten missionaries showed up to eat. Luckily my beans had turned out too salty, so I made another pot and combined the two. We had two crockpots full of red beans ready and tons of cheese. They brought additional tortillas (I only had a couple dozen) and some jalapenos. President Gomez had teased them earlier in the evening that they couldn't come over and they were pretty bummed...but when 8:00 came around he asked them what they were going to do and they said go home...he said "What about the Tomkinson's?" We had 10 happy elders...and a house full of laughter. It felt good to be feeding teenagers again!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
FIESTA AT THE TOMKINSONS
You knew it had to happen sooner or later...a party at Elder and Hermana T's. Well last evening about 5:00 the office elders called to see if they could come over and eat at our house that evening. They knew that I had put on a pot of beans that night before. Of course we said yes....about 9:00 ten missionaries showed up to eat. Luckily my beans had turned out too salty, so I made another pot and combined the two. We had two crockpots full of red beans ready and tons of cheese. They brought additional tortillas (I only had a couple dozen) and some jalapenos. President Gomez had teased them earlier in the evening that they couldn't come over and they were pretty bummed...but when 8:00 came around he asked them what they were going to do and they said go home...he said "What about the Tomkinson's?" We had 10 happy elders...and a house full of laughter. It felt good to be feeding teenagers again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How fun! I am sure you will have many more parties. And, is Saturday your P-day?
Post a Comment