Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Blaisdells

The church in Talanga

It has been a fun week having our friends Mark and Debra Blaisdell with us. We have shown them the ropes of being missionaries. They have been a great help to us this week as we delivered mail, helped sick missionaries and checked apartments. We spent one day going east from Tegucigalpa towards Talanga and Campamento. The other day we went northwest towards Comayagua. It is beautiful country and we enjoyed the company sooo much.

Here are some pictures from our fun week:

Mark and Debra handing out Snickers for a clean apartment
Elder Gomez and ElderAngulo

Inside a Catholic Church in Valle de Angeles
Notice the "baptismal font"

Giving out mail in Talanga at District Conference
Hermana Ramirez, Elder Rodriguez, Elder Perez,
Elder Mautauma, Hermana Vasquez and Elder Quej

In the city square Valle de Angeles
Elders Elizondo and Sorensen
Villa de San Antonio

Elders Mazariegos and Bol
San Juan/ La Paz

We had a really fun week. I shed a few tears when they left....just because it was good to have contact with someone from "home". Thanks Mark and Debra for sharing a week with us!!!

2 comments:

Kris & Amy said...

I'm so glad they got to come and see you guys for a little while!! I know you guys are happy when we have good friends in our lives...but we feel the same way about you. :) Love you!

Kendi said...

You are looking so good!

Interesting picture of the font! If only people really knew but thank goodness for the missionaries who are trying to get the right message out!

I hope the weather is behaving itself for you and isn't too muggy!!

I spoke with your dad on Sunday and he is so proud of you guys. He was beaming over all the good that is happening in your lives. He told me that you were speaking only spanish now and so I hope you are doing okay with that. Thank goodness for the Holy Ghost that gives us utterance when we sometimes don't have the words to say! I can't wait to hear all the good stories of your experiences!!! I hope you know we love and miss you...TONS!