Saturday, January 24, 2009

IT'S AN EPIDEMIC!!!

Talking to Elder Gomez about his toenails

We have an epidemic going on in the mission. Not of flu, not of strep throat, not of croup....We have an epidemic of INGROWN TOENAILS!!! Over the past couple of months we have seen more missionaries with this problem. I am getting to know Dr Funes (our plastic surgeon that takes care of this problem) better and better. Not that it isn't a legitimate concern for missionaries. They are in shoes 24/7. They walk through puddles and their feet are wet alot of the time in the rainy season.

The problem comes in cutting their toenails. President Gomez has suggested that we have a power point presentation on how to take care of their toenails. Wayne is going to serve as the toenail model and we are going to show them how to cut their nails. Just last week we were explaining to a missionary how he should do this. Wayne just couldn't get his point across.....so he whipped off his shoes and used his feet and toes as a visual aid....

Wayne using his toe as a visual aid
to help them prevent the "agony of de-feet"

We had no idea that we would be preaching toenails.....

4 comments:

Kim said...

Bet there isn't a explanation for that one in the white handbook!

What a great demo from Elder Tomkinson. Let me know if you need me to draw some pictures for you for your powerpoint :)

dntbaker said...

i remember 2 zone conferences where we were taught the proper way of cutting our toe nails. Sis. Ridgway taught some crazy stuff to us and she said the same thing about never thinking she would have to teach missionaries these things.

Trisha said...

I HATE ingrown toenails! OUCH!! I love that dad threw off his shoe to give a demo.

Alissa said...

I am dying laughing right now....I have THE cutest parents.