Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas in January

Debra and Mark with their stash of goodies
You can't even see the boxes of dental supplies

We have been continuing to have Christmas for the past month. Just last Friday we received two packages and about 7 cards that had been mailed prior to Christmas. It is so fun to see the pictures and to have the treats and surprises that you all have mailed to us. It is really touching to see the time and effort that people make to help make our mission Christmas one to remember.

This past Saturday we received an unbelievable surprise. Our good friends the Blaisdells are here visiting from Salt Lake City. They offered to bring some things that we are craving but just can't get here. You know, the things that you can live without but are the fluffy things of life...coconut, food coloring, chocolate covered raisins, hot tamales, etc. I think that their suitcases literally weighed 70 pounds each.

Wayne receiving not one but two containers of
CHOCOLATE COVERED RAISINS

They brought everything we asked for and more and in addition many dental supplies for the clinic. Wayne really was excited to try everything out and get back to work. We are looking forward to a week showing them Honduras and meeting missionaries.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

What great friends! I love all the goodies.

Heather said...

Better late than never! Good to see Wayne has a stock pile of chocolate covered raisens. I think about you both often and need to buck up and write you more often.

I do love reading your posts and know your service benefits many!

I will write a proper email soon!