Most of you have probably had the feeling of losing a child....in a shopping center, at the beach (go Alissa) or at Disneyland. You remember the moment of panic between the time you thought you had misplaced the child and when you first saw them again. I have wondered what the child is thinking during that time....
Yesterday Wayne and I went to work out at the gym with our good friend Jim Tilley. Jim and Wayne were going to play raquetball and I was going to work out for the hour or so that it took them to play a few games.
After I finished my workout I came downstairs to the court area and Jim and Wayne were not there. I thought for a minute or two that they had gone upstairs, out to the car to wait or anything else I could think of.....then I actually realized that they had LEFT ME AT THE GYM!!! I didn't know whether to laugh or get mad. I thought about walking home, then realized that Jim is the head of Security for the Church for Central America and that would not be a good idea. Besides...it would be dark by the time I got home....etc...etc....
After trying to get Wayne on the cell phone, I called Tilley's and asked them if they were already at home....yup....and then they realized that I was still at the gym....When all was said and done (and I got picked up) we were able to have a good laugh and I can tease Wayne about that one for a little while. So sorry that there are no pics on this one....impossible to have everything with you when you think you might get "lost".
So much for keeping track of your companion....
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I remember when I got lost at the beach like it was yesterday! Scariest thing ever!
Dad LEFT YOU?!?! That had to feel so wierd after being together or with someone all of the time for so long now!
That is toooo funny!!!
Post a Comment