Saturday, October 24, 2009

PEOPLE

Traditional dress women listening to Elder Tomkinson

I just had to put in some pictures of the beautiful people that we met last week while doing our Humanitarian Project. These people are some of the most humble and grateful people that I have seen. The little branch where we did the project has between 80-90 people attend every week. That is as much as some of the big wards we attended in Honduras.

The Relief Society President and her baby

I am especially drawn to the children. They are carried by their mothers everywhere...it is not uncommon to see one wrapped around the mother and another one holding on to her hand. Their facial expressions are dear to me. I love being around them.



Check out the handwork on her blouse

I am so glad that the women here are continuing to wear their native dress. So many in the younger generation are not...especially in the cities. But in the smaller towns, all are wearing them. The fabrics that they weave are beautiful...and it takes a long time to weave the textiles. I am hoping to collect some before I return to the States.

I love this picture
Here are some teenage girls we saw going home from market


The men typically wear jeans and their hats. And they always wear BIG SMILES.

These men are looking at their glasses and getting
ready to come to the dental clinic

1 comment:

Kim said...

What beautiful little faces.