
For years our kids have teased Wayne unmercifully about knowing people everywhere we go. He talks to someone for about 2 minutes and BOOM....they are related. My kids love this.
Well....I found a relative this past week...and she lives right up the stairs from us.
We were in Atlitlan eating dinner and we were talking around the table. One of the hermanas (Adele Blackburn) asked me about where my family was from. I told her that my maiden name was Goble; and even though it is a German name that most of my ancestors came from the British Isles. She said that he maiden name was German too. I asked her what her maiden name is and she said BUCKWALTER!!
I was almost speechless (it would take a lot to make me speechless). I told her my mom is a Buckwalter....long story short she and my mom are first cousins. Their dads were brothers. Technically that makes us lst cousins once removed (for the genealogists among us).
The world gets smaller and smaller.

No comments:
Post a Comment