Monday, October 5, 2009

GENERAL CONFERENCE....GUATEMALA STYLE

The blank wall of our apartment that served
as a great projection screen

I can remember six months ago when we were so thrilled to be watching General Conference in English in our apartment. We watched on our computer screen (which actually is pretty large) by connecting to the BYU channel.

Watching Sunday conference

This past weekend was completely different. Wayne hooked up the computer to a projector from the Area Office and we projected it on a wall in our apartment. We had about 4 couples join us as well as some women who were down here on a Humanitarian project. It was very casual....including popcorn for the afternoon sessions.

The messages were wonderful. I still thrill when I hear our Latin American saints speak. I love their accents....especially when English is new to them. The "men" all went out to dinner and then watched the Priesthood Session in the area office. The "women" had a potato bar in our apartment and then had a meeting for some Humanitarian things we want to do for the fall/winter time. I will send you more on that later.....

Our conference group
The Blackburns, The Graffs and the Tilleys
with our visiting humanitarian workers Evelyn and Joan

I think that we are going to have a "movie night" and show movies on our wall again. It was a great screen!!!

No comments: