Friday, October 31, 2008

BOO!!!


Halloween in Honduras....(pronounced alloween in onduras)....was a little different this year. Yesterday we went to Comayagua to do house inspections and we were greeted by a casa that had been decorated by Elder Shumway and Elder Mazariegos. They had ghosts all over their house and had "enter at your own risk" tape across the door. We are delighted to report that they did have a perfectly clean house for us to inspect...along with their entire Zone save one house. What a fun day with these Elders.

Elder Shumway and Elder Mazariegos

This morning we went to the dental school, and then went to the office. We took Halloween goodies for our office Elders. They loved the chocolate and ghosts that we brought them. Most of the people here don't even celebrate Halloween. There is no trick or treating or dressing up in costumes. So that was about the extent of our celebration.

I spent about 4 hours at the hospital today. We had three different Elders there in the emergency room. With their companions that makes six Elders, a Senior Couple, two APs and one Mission President. At times I thought that we were going to have a fiesta. Everyone is doing better. One Elder, Elder Bourne needs to spend the night. He was dehydrated and has a bug that he just needs to get on top of. He has been here from the MTC for two weeks. Wayne spent the afternoon with Elder Orellana inspecting new houses for missionaries.


With our office spooks
Elder Payne, Elder Euteneier, Elder Perez and Elder Orellana

This evening we went to our area and visited two families with our Bishop. We love being in the member's homes. This weekend we have Stake Conference, so we will watch out for our ward members there. It will be a great meeting.

Special thanks to my dad for trying to call me today. He calls me every Halloween. When I was a little girl he took me trick or treating one year and I lost my pants walking down the street. He calls me every year to remind me to be careful. Thanks dad!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That's fun your Dad tried to call you. How cute. We called to see if we could go by there tonight to show Grandpa and Grandma Great the wee witch, but they didn't answer the phone so we thought they'd probably gone to one of your sister's houses.

Looks like you made it a fun Halloween for the missionaries.

We love you!

Trisha said...

Grandpa actually called me to see if I had an number for you so he could call. So cute that he calls every year.

I love the Halloween ghosts from tootsie rolls. I remember making those with you when I was little!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your blog. I am Elder Euteneier's mom and love to see the people that he loves and writes home about. What a wonderful record of Honduras and of his mission he will have because of your blog. Thank you for giving me and his siblings the opportunity to be a part of his mission.

Kari Euteneier
Las Vegas (Henderson)Nevada