Tuesday, September 2, 2008

WE LOVE THOSE GUYS!!

Elder Mautama

This is Elder Mautama. He is from New Zealand. He is one of our office elders. Elder Mautama loves the gospel and loves missionary work. He has just received a package from home from the Young Men in his ward. They sent him letters of encouragement and telling him how much they admire him. All he could say in return was how much he loves them and how they support him.

It is amazing to us how much these missionaries love to teach. They would rather be out on appointments in the rain than sitting in the office doing paper work. Last week we went to church with Elder Mautama and his companion, Elder Mears. They were like proud parents during the investigator class. Everytime their contact participated, they were beaming. We love missionaries. We love to watch them and their enthusiasm for the gospel. Wayne is teaching them that sometimes we have to do our duty (their office work)...it makes the fun stuff that much more fun!!

Elders Mears and Mautama

Elder Mears is leaving the office this week. He doesn't care where he goes...the further away from headquarters, the better. He is a great missionary, and will be able to help wherever he serves. News flash...before I published this we learned that Elder Mears is going to be a trainer for the newest missionary to arrive in Honduras! He will be great!

2 comments:

Kendi said...

I haven't forgotten about you guys! You both look so good and happy! If you haven't heard the good news, the Beebe family went through the temple today! What an awesome experience it was to be there with them. It was perfect! We love and miss you!
Kendi

Wendy said...

A big thanks to you for sharing your mission experiences with us. Elder Mears is my son. He sent me this blog address so I could check out all your "cool pics". I have loved reading and experiencing Honduras through your eyes. I think I have learned more about his mission from your blog than from his emails!! Thanks for all you do for our sons. We sure do appreciate you both. Wendy Mears