Sunday, September 7, 2008

Two Steps Forward....One Step Back

Today marks two months on our mission. The last couple of days we have been preparing for our second round of Zone Conferences. Wayne has to give a part on feeling the Spirit and heeding the promptings. I am going to give another health blurb. We are hoping that our Spanish has improved enough that we can tell a difference in our deliveries this time.

We spent yesterday (literally all day) preparing the basics of our remarks and translating them into Spanish. After having spent the entire day meticulously translating my remarks into Spanish, I looked on our Google Translate on the computer. Boy was I glad that I did. In talking about how our body gets rid of things that might be harmful to it, I said that the body will get rid of EVIL things that are in it. I also was trying to get across the idea to the missionaries that they need to be careful of their feet (athlete's feet is a common problem) because they walk through water and puddles all day long. I told them that they were WALKING ON WATER.

Oh well...just when you think you are making progress......

1 comment:

Trisha said...

That's so funny! I don't know if I ever told you about Melissa giving a talk about a spiritual experience she had had that was so wonderful. All the missionaries were snickering at her. Well, I guess she was new to Japanese and she was saying what a great "sexual experience" she had had instead. I guess it's all part of learning the language! Good luck!