Friday, September 19, 2008

SAGA OF THE PACKAGE

Who would have thought that getting a package from there to here would be such a trial. Sara has been trying for about a month to get me some hair color. Most of you know that there is a fine line between the day you might need color and the day that IT HAS TO BE NOW! Well, I have passed that line a couple of weeks ago.

We sent a package (thanks to Amy) here about two weeks ago. That in itself was a nightmare. It was unbelievable expensive to send (I won’t even tell you how much it was…it was so terrible). Once it got to the country they held it at customs. Not sure why, perhaps because it was dye and hair product. By the time we found out about it, we needed to claim the package that day to avoid a US $700 charge. It took two of our office Elders six hours one day to get the package. It also cost an additional $50 or so to get it. What a nightmare.

Now…if we can just get Wayne to do the color this weekend. The next step is getting someone who can cut hair.



Here are Elder Perez and Elder Euteneier. They are the Elders who spent a whole day getting the package. They were rewarded with homemade chocolate chip cookies.
THANKS ELDERS!!!

3 comments:

Kendi said...

The price we pay for beauty! You both look great! I can tell that the Elder's love you! You guys really know how to take care of everyone! WE MISS YOU! Take care and know that we love you!
Kendi

Trisha said...

CRAZY!!! Almost makes me scared to send anything down there! Let's just hope that dad can get the color right!

Frankie/mom said...

We DO have our priorities don't we, and in the correct order!! I know myself, the grayer I got, the blonder I got! Hardly notice the line of demarcation that way! We miss you both, but know you're doing great work! We did some 'speed writing' for fhe for our missionaries. I'm sending it all email (with accompanying picture) because S.L. sent it back to me. Sorry! Anyway, all is well here. Darrold & I made it through the hot months & are now enjoying 'normal' temps of 100'! Our Idaho house still unsold, but either we're just plain ignorant or we have faith...we feel calm about it & know it will all be okay at some point. Darrold is going back to teaching to solve some of our cash flow squeezes. We pray for your safety and successes. Thanks for your great example!!!