We had an amazing time. The first meeting was the annual Primaria Programa. I was playing the piano for the meeting, so I helped out with some of the songs for the children. This program was actually the absolute best Primary Program I have EVER seen. Every child had their part memorized and the singing was unbelievable. You need to remember that they learn all their songs to a tape...no piano in Primary. I recognized some of the songs that I helped with in our Primary this last year. I know that it sounds like I am exaggerating...but it was really one of the best I have ever seen.
(You really need to make this bigger to see their faces)
Every one of the girls was in a pink dress (I have no idea how they pulled this off) and each of the boys was in a white shirt with a pink tie. They had made little corsages for each of the girls....even the teachers had pink on. The chapel was packed...standing room only. After their program, we went into Primary and told them that it was one of the best that we had ever seen. We asked if we could take pictures of their Primary so that we could send it back to our family at home. The girls just wanted to talk and the boys slapped hands. It was so fun.And remember...they don't speak any English!!
The other meeting was great too. Two young girls spoke for Sacrament meeting. They were really prepared with their talks and then the Bishop ended up by letting everyone know that they were expected to go to the sessions of Conference that will be broadcast at the Stake Center next week. Now remember...most of these people don't have cars, and getting to the Stake Center might be hard for some of them.....There were three sets of our missionaries at this building today. They were surprised but pleased to see us show up for their meetings. One Elder was so disappointed because none of the people that they had been teaching showed up for the meetings as they said they would.
Have a great week preparing for Conference....and wasn't the Relief Society Broadcast great?

6 comments:
Yes, the broadcast was great! The pre dinner was lovely too. Coolidge wards in charge. Very beautifully decorated to a fall theme; the only indication we've lapsed into it since we're still in triple digits.
What adorable children & all dressed alike! Must be very fulfilling to see the gospel in action & growing so strong.
I will pass on the 'comment' info in FHE tomorrow night. I think you're right, I have a blog too and most people think they have to be a blogger to comment!
The Skinner's are back from traveling. Linda looks pretty good, but is tired, as would be expected. One of the things they did on this trip was to make her final arrangements. It brought her some peace of mind, she says. The snow angels are beginning to return....it's so great to see them! They truly do add a richness to our FHE & ward.
Bishop & Sally are on a cruise in the northeast...fall colors and all. Should be back this next week. Funny, when the bishop is gone, it's like 'dad' is away. We all feel a little lost without him.
We have you in our prayers & look forward to more great stories of the Honduran mission!
What a beautiful picture of the primary children! I love the smiles...both on the kids faces and the sweet faces of the leaders. My favorite sound from church today was hearing "Called to Serve" from the primary room. I love hearing the kids sing.
The Broadcast was amazing!! I was thinking about you a lot during the talks. First about the "who is going to be my mother", and then with the people from Honduras making the 5 day trip to Mesa just to the temple. That is so awesome!!
Wow, sounds like the Primary Program was good, all in pink that is amazing how they pulled that one off.The building looks Beautiful! I am glad you had a good time listening to the Primary Program:)
I miss Primary. It is my favorite place to serve. What cute little kids in their matching clothes. I love their smiles.
Your pictures of Honduras remind me so much of parts of South Africa. We had those fences around many of our churches too. It makes me miss my "home" and all the humble and willing people there.
I have been working very hard in and out of the house today and decided I deserved a break, so I am taking it to comment on your great blog. What a great broadcast, I just love Sister Beck, she is truly a mighty lady. Of course, what can one say about Elder Uchtdorf, he is so inspiring. Your Primary children looked great, we have a lot to learn from our neighbors of different countries. I am in a frenzy getting ready for my friends, Midge and Peggy, from Provo. They will be here for General Conference and the week after - we love to spend lots of time with them. Love hearing from you and TTFN, Beth
Post a Comment