Have you ever had something happen that was just soooo funny at the time? Today we were really busy in the dental clinic. We had about 6 missionaries come for different things...which with their companions can get pretty crowded and busy throughout the morning.
Near the end of the day we were down to the last two missionaries. Elder Quej was having his going home exam and Elder Roca was getting ready to have a wisdom tooth removed. Wayne was working on Elder Quej cleaning his teeth and doing a restoration. Elder Roca was in the next chair getting numb and talking to the other two missionaries..preparing for his extraction. I was doing paper work, etc....
When all of a sudden I hear the song "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief"....and I realize that it is coming from Elder Perez who is singing to Elder Roca. I start to laugh, realizing that he is singing this to the missionary that is getting ready to have an extraction. I just could not stop laughing. Wayne had to stop his procedure and find out what was going on. He said that I needed to take a video of this experience. I explain to the missionaries that this is the song that John Taylor sang to the Prophet Joseph just before he was martyred. They realize it, and then we all start to laugh.
Elder Perez is the elder that we met during our first week here. We did a blog about him (see July 22, 2008) and his wonderful testimony. He continues to amaze us. If you listen to the video closely you can hear Wayne's drill in the background. It blends nicely with the music and the traffic from outside.
Here is the Honduras Dental Clinic rendition of "Un pobre forastero" sung by Elders Medrano and Perez. ENJOY!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for all you do for our missionaries. Thank you for caring for them and loving them while they are away from us! Elder Payne's Mom
I stumbled on your blog while looking for information about the Comayaguela mission- our son will enter the MTC June 3 and will be headed your way. I am anxious to talk with other missionaries or parents to see what we can expect. I'd love to hear from you.
Sheri Hinckley
sherihinckley@comcast.net
Post a Comment