Today we had an experience that brought two blessings. We visited the Bishop's Storehouse here in Tegucigalpa. What a wonderful Spirit we felt. It is hard to put into words how we felt when we saw the Lord's plan in action. I felt I was at home in any of our storehouses throughout the world. There were beans, rice, flour, tomato sauce and all of the basics. My heart was so full as I looked at the blessings for the people of Honduras.
There were two couples that run the storehouse as full time missionaries. They are Elder and Sister Cueller and Elder and Sister Baca. This is the second mission for the Cuellers. They operate the storehouse on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They were adorable and we had a wonderful time visiting with them. Our Spanish was amazing. Each time we leave an experience like this, Wayne and I look at each other and say, "Did we just do that in Spanish?"
The second blessing was the main reason that we were at the Storehouse. Someone had donated keyboards to the people of Honduras and they are stored there. Elder Duarte told us about the keyboards a couple of months ago, and said that we could use them to help teach piano lessons. When we got there we were amazed to find that there were over 70 keyboards at the storehouse. We were requisitioned to use 15 of them. It was amazing to see the stacks and stacks of keyboards. I am so excited to be able to put a dent in these, and to have them used by the people of Honduras.
The couples were so great...helping us move the keyboards and load them into the car. As we tried to put 15 keyboards into our mid-size SUV one of the sisters had an idea about how we could do it. The brethren had it under control. I teased her that as sisters we have all learned just to keep our mouths shut in these situations. She and I just kept using the hand motions to zip our mouths and throw away the key. She was wonderful.
Last night I started a young woman with her first piano lesson. I am so excited to begin these lessons. I think that I will have about 30 students. Things have come full circle. When we first got married I had the opportunity to teach group piano lessons in Dallas Texas. The elementary school system there had it as part of their curriculum. Who would have know how that job would prepare me for this mission. The Lord truly works in ways we don't understand....until even 35 years later!!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How cool! It's amazing to see all of those keyboards. I'm glad you get to put them to good use.
Post a Comment