Friday, November 28, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


Hermana Gomez's beautiful table

Happy Thanksgiving from Honduras! What a beautiful day we enjoyed here...the weather was absolutely perfect, the dental clinic was fairly busy, and we were able to enjoy a wonderful meal with missionaries and the Gomez Family. We got the office Elders out of the office and into their areas early in the afternoon to give them plenty of time to get some work done and then met up at the mission home for a traditional Thanksgiving meal later in the evening.

Hermana Gomez cooked the turkey and potatoes. I made rolls, gravy and stuffing. Thank you to Pricesmart for apple and pumpkin pies. President Gomez says that he had never eaten turkey until the mission....it is one meat that they just don't have in Argentina. Stuffing was new to them and it is not usual for them to serve gravy with mashed potatoes. It tasted so good to us.

Ready to Eat


Turkey Carver

President asked Wayne to carve and serve the turkey....something he has had a lot of practice with. Probably the most touching moment was when Elder Guymon walked into the kitchen and realized that we had a complete Thanksgiving meal. He looked at the gravy and started to cry. I was so touched. It made all the work so worthwhile. The only thing missing from our celebration was our Thanksgiving Eve Pizza Party. Today I am listening to Christmas albums and watching Christmas movies...I missed Miracle on 34th Street yesterday!!! Love you all.....

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Your beautiful table looked a little fancier than our paper plate feast! I'm glad you got to eat some turkey.

Neil and Roxy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Can you email your address roxytomkinson@gmail.com thanks! Love you guys!

Karisa Tomkinson said...

What a fancy Thanksgiving you were able to have! I like your Thanksgiving Eve Pizza Party idea. I never knew you did that, but I love it! :) I hope you were able to enjoy the spirit of Thanksgiving as well as all the great company and food! Love you!