Wednesday, November 12, 2008

NOCHE DE HOGAR CON LA FAMILIA DUARTE

The Duarte Family

What a great time we had Monday evening at Family Home Evening with the Duarte family. Elder Duarte is the Area Seventy for Honduras. He is a wonderful and humble man whom we have learned to love and appreciate. He and his wife Gladys have three beautiful daughters. (Tonya, Gladys and Gloria) Their home radiates with the Spirit and love.

Monday evening we had dinner at their home and then had a wonderful lesson on doing things even if they seem hard. I'm not sure if it was meant for us or his three daughters. (Probably both). After the lesson, they showed us the beautiful view from their backyard of the city. They had bouganvillas every color imaginable (I can't wait to see it in the daylight). They showed us their memories of when they served as Mission President in Peru. They sang to us, and we played the piano and just laughed. Wayne and I came away so filled with the Spirit and so enjoyed this evening with this wonderful family. They have no idea what it meant to us.

2 comments:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

How wonderful to be able to spend an enjoyable evening with an uplifting family. It sounds like you really did come away lifted and happy!

Kendi said...

Suzanne I love you so much! I chuckled a good bit over your story with the paintbrush only because I am the exact same way...only I don't think that even with fabric I can come up with anything that looks good! Those situations are always so awkward as you try to somehow come up with something that might look the slight bit decent. Your willingnes to participate says a lot about you! I think that you did a good job.