I have to admit that I totally forgot about the Fourth of July. It was just another day of the week....until Mary and Curt Whitaker called and invited us over for a BBQ with some of the Embassy people. What a great day it was. It was so fun to be with all of those people from the United States and their families. Hermana Adams and I especially loved being with the little ones...and holding babies again. The food was wonderful, the company great and the slip and slide was a hit!!! We did talk a little bit about Wayne missing his fireworks......but.....What a great fourth!!
Earlier in the day we went to the hospital to take Elder Contreras and his companion Elder Gonzalez home. Elder Contreras had some minor surgery the day before and needed to spend the night. On the way home they were hungry and opted for "Kentucky" (KFC). Elder Contreras had never eaten Kentucky...they don't have it in Guatemala where he is from. What a perfect thing for the Fourth of July....tasting Kentucky Fired Chicken for the first time!!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment