Last Sunday we visited a TINY branch in Guatemala City. They hold their meetings in a house. During the meeting, I looked up on the wall and saw this sign:
Translation: To communicate with God you don't need a cell phone. Please turn it off or put it on Vibrate.
I couldn't believe that this problem had reached even a little branch in Guatemala. It was a great sign. I especially liked the picture of Christ next to the notice.
During the meeting one of the members bore his testimony about the brigada. His son and two other future missionaries from their branch were able to go and get their dental/medical work done. They had no idea that we had been a part of the group. After the meeting we talked to them and Wayne had his picture taken with the father and son. This is at the door to their "chapel". (By the way....the dad gave both the Sunday School lesson and Priesthood lesson).
I also experienced my first earthquake during the meeting. It lasted for about 30-40 seconds. Afterwards I learned that these are quite common in Guatemala. It felt to me like being seasick....something that I definitely don't like. Everyone was calm (except my companion...he wondered why they weren't more cautious with the whole thing...after all we were in a concrete building!!)

1 comment:
hey guys ...honduras misses you so bad......this is edkin saunders i don't know if you remember me,i'm hna T's piano student...i was just checking your blog and i saw brother mena ...he's the father of one of my mission compannions,and i recognized him just right away ....
Post a Comment