Saturday, May 16, 2009

FINALLY SOMEONE I'M RELATED TO!!!

Hermana Tomkinson and Elder Olsen
Finally.....a GOBLE connection

Our children have teased Wayne for years that we can be anywhere and he will find someone that he is related to. It never fails....and they are right!!

This last week I found out that one of the Elders in the Tegucigalpa mission and I are related. Elder Kyle Olsen has been in the mission field for about 11 months. Here is the connection:
Kyle's great grandfather and my father are brothers. That takes a little bit of thinking...not only do we have the age thing (I am old enough to be his mother) but the two brothers were years apart. My dad was the youngest by many years in his family. Many of his nieces and nephews were the same age as he was.

Boyd Goble (his great grandfather) and my dad George Goble are brothers. His grandmother is Boyd's daughter Dorothy.....I remember my cousin Dorothy when I was a little girl. We would visit and my sisters and I always commented how GORGEOUS she was. We wanted to be like Dorothy when we grew up.

Who would have thought I would be doing genealogy on this dental mission!! Maurice...you told me so!!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Very cool connection. And I love the bags from the ladies in the ward. So sweet!