After the initial program, they opened the curtains into the Cultural Hall for the project part of the night. The girls each talked about one of their projects for the year. Each girl was responsible to tell about her project and relate it to the value that it supported. They were fantastic. Every girl was prepared, and the displays had obviously taken time to put together. (I can remember many an Evening of Excellence that I have attended when it looked like the girls had just pulled everything from their rooms and brought it to the church). I was impressed. They each gave handouts that had to do with their display. To top it all off, their refreshments were homemade chicken taquitos. Wayne and I were in heaven!! We took pictures of each of them and brought them copies to church Sunday. It was a fun evening. I was glad that we attended.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
EVENING OF EXCELLENCE
I am continually amazed at the programs the members put on here. I was so overcome when I attended the Primary Presentations this fall in three wards. Last week we were invited to attend our ward's Evening of Excellence for the Young Women. I was totally blown away by this program!! The entire ward was invited, and many of the members attended. They started in the chapel with a program. Several of the Young Women spoke and bore their testimonies. They had a musical number that they had obviously practiced. It was a wonderful experience for me to be able to stand and say the Young Women's Theme in Spanish. (I later told the YW Pres. that I need a copy so that I can learn it).

After the initial program, they opened the curtains into the Cultural Hall for the project part of the night. The girls each talked about one of their projects for the year. Each girl was responsible to tell about her project and relate it to the value that it supported. They were fantastic. Every girl was prepared, and the displays had obviously taken time to put together. (I can remember many an Evening of Excellence that I have attended when it looked like the girls had just pulled everything from their rooms and brought it to the church). I was impressed. They each gave handouts that had to do with their display. To top it all off, their refreshments were homemade chicken taquitos. Wayne and I were in heaven!! We took pictures of each of them and brought them copies to church Sunday. It was a fun evening. I was glad that we attended.
After the initial program, they opened the curtains into the Cultural Hall for the project part of the night. The girls each talked about one of their projects for the year. Each girl was responsible to tell about her project and relate it to the value that it supported. They were fantastic. Every girl was prepared, and the displays had obviously taken time to put together. (I can remember many an Evening of Excellence that I have attended when it looked like the girls had just pulled everything from their rooms and brought it to the church). I was impressed. They each gave handouts that had to do with their display. To top it all off, their refreshments were homemade chicken taquitos. Wayne and I were in heaven!! We took pictures of each of them and brought them copies to church Sunday. It was a fun evening. I was glad that we attended.
Labels:
Mission Experiences,
People
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What do you think we can do to become more like these people? Truly, they are the true followers of the Savior!! What differences do you see between the saints here and the saints there that would lead to an improved commitment to the Savior's gospel? Is it that their lives are much more simple than ours and their one true focus is the Savior? Would you share your thoughts with me? I'm very curious to know what you think! This is an excellent principle to discuss at seminary!!! kendi_chase@yahoo.com.
It was so good to finally, after all this time be able to read your blog. It was great to hear you "speak" again! I'm so glad that you are having great experiences there as you would have been here. Thanks for your insights.
Kris Adams
Wow. I think I will print this one off and show the girls in our ward what they can look forward to for next year's program! Absolutely amazing!
Post a Comment