Friday, June 27, 2008

SAYING GOODBYES


We started saying our goodbyes last night. It is hard to realize that the time is here and that we really are leaving in the next week or so. Trisha and Rusty and their family are going to go to Philmont Boy Scout Camp for the next week in New Mexico. So we had to say goodbye to them last night. Wayne and I (and Alissa) went over to the house last night, and ate dinner with them. When it was time for us to go home, I realized that it would be the last time to hug those kids. I started to tear up, and it was really emotional. Trisha was crying, and Kristin just wouldn't let go of her grandpa. I think that she realizes that we won't be here for a LONG time...she knows already that we are going to miss her baptism, and she is bracing herself for that.


I keep telling our family that the blessings will come because we are going on this mission. I think that it is already evident for them that things will be taken care of in their lives when they are faithful. What a testimony builder...


I hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly.....and I can keep my tears in check!!!

No comments: