Sunday, February 14, 2010

ELDER AMADOR

The future Elder Amador with Elders Miskin and Nicolosi

Right as we got to the mission in Honduras a young man joined the Church in the La Pena ward. He immediately became the shadow to all of the missionaries that served in that area. This particular area at the time was the area where the President's Assistants were located. So.....Roberto was seen with the Assistants every afternoon....tracting, teaching, just being a missionary with them. He even wore a white shirt and tie all the time. He acted like a missionary and waited patiently for the day when he could wear the nametag that would designate him as a missionary for Jesucristo.


ELDER AMADOR with his official nametag

Well....the day is here. We were privileged this last week to see ELDER AMADOR in the CCM when we went to check the incoming Elder's dental problems. He was so happy to be a missionary. He is so well prepared. Every missionary that he learned from should be so proud...this is truly the fruits of service. As I visited with Roberto I asked him if he had everything he needs for the mission. He said "mas o menos" (more or less)...I then asked him what he didn't have and he humbly replied "Escrituras". He didn't have a set of scriptures for his mission. Immediately we told him no problem....we would go to the distribution center around the corner from the CCM and get scriptures for him.

Elder Amador with his Scriptures

What a great day.....this Elder is excited to serve a mission. As we presented his scriptures to him we told him to USE them....mark them...make them his. We told him that he would use these scriptures as he becomes a Bishop or Branch President after his mission. President Steimle at the CCM was alerted about Elder Amador's knowledge of the discussions and Preach My Gospel. He will probably use him in some leadership capacity.

Looking back I can honestly say that this was one of those times when I actually listened to the Spirit. I hadn't even thought about him needing things for his mission.....it just came out of my mouth with just a thought beforehand. So humbling to be a part of this Elder's preparation.

No comments: