After much effort from lots of people (including Elder Clarke the area authority for Central America) the brethren have decided to reinstate the mission and told us that the call had been approved. We waited on pins and needles for a three weeks until the call came....we knew that it wouldn't be set in stone until we actually received the call.

The day that the call was expected Wayne was actually in Honduras serving in the school with a humanitarian group that goes there (Thank you Dave Sheets)...I was home alone. I don't think that the mailman knew what hit him. I watched out the window for him, and then met him at the sidewalk. I knew it was there. The big white envelope. (I have actually never been around when a missionary opens the envelope. Todd was at BYU when his came). I cannot tell you the thrill, excitement and overwhelming spirit I felt when I held the letter. I just knew that I couldn't open it up alone. Alissa was watching Rusty and Trisha's children for the week, so I called her and got over to their house as quickly as I could. 

The letter was real. We were going to HONDURAS as Welfare Missionaries. We are going to report to the MTC on July 7th, and spend about 10 days or so there. We are now in the process of packing up, trying to find suitable "missionary" clothes, and getting things in order at home. What a wonderful experience that we are looking forward to. I hope to be able to blog once or twice a week and keep you posted.
It has really been an unique opportunity to know where you are going to go before the call comes. Wayne has been to Honduras twice so far, and has met all the Leadership there including our Mission President. President and Sister Gomez are from Argentina and are in Honduras with their six children. Wayne has fallen in love with the Honduran people and I have fallen in love with them. I can't help but cry every time I see the pictures of them.
Thanks to all of you for your support and interest in us. Keep looking back on the blog and send comments, etc.

4 comments:
Congratulations on your first blog post! We're looking forward to following your mission adventures.
P.S. Great visor ;)
I thank you for sharing this experience with us. I can't wait to follow your journey!
Those pictures are beautifully placed within your blog. You are a blog genious mom. :) Love you!
I love that Kim commented on the visor! We love you and are so excited for you!
Post a Comment